My ultimate goal is to become a professional scriptwriter for British film and television (I’ve no major interest in Hollywood as I want to write stories that directly relate to me, but I wouldn’t ignore them if they came calling). Directing and other aspects of filmmaking are of secondary interest to me, so my main focus is on writing. I plan to achieve my ambition with small steps. Since leaving university, I’ve set myself yearly targets (e.g. have a film selected for a festival, have a film win a festival, get selected for It’s My Shout) and each year I’ve achieved my goal. I’m not pursuing my ultimate goal for stardom or riches, but because I believe I’m capable of it and wish to fulfil my full potential and also reach as many people as possible, arousing thought and discussion and hopefully inspiring future artists as my heroes have me. Whether I achieve my ultimate goal or not, I won’t stop writing and constantly working as I’m driven by a passion, and I’ll continue to document my life experience through my work, have fun and entertain people.
My latest showreel. Chiefly considering myself a writer, I wished it to highlight my ability to create striking and imaginative visuals, unique situations, concepts and dialogue, as well as displaying impressive camerawork and production values. All the films featured are viewable on my website.
My first TV interview, on The Crunch, discussing my award-winning films and filmmaking in general. Overall, it was a good experience, that’ll hopefully prepare me for many more future TV appearances. The sound was out of sync on the clip from Bob, but it was still an excellent opportunity to promote my work, and I didn’t stumble over my words too much. More details on much of what I discuss, including my aspirations and my films and their development, can be found in the Career Plan and Produced Scripts categories and by exploring the rest of my website.
Mob: Available Upon Request Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A highly driven and productive writer and filmmaker. Quick-thinking, perceptive and creative when it comes to both problem-solving and generating new ideas. Has the ability to propel any project forward and is strongly determined to create inspiring, original work of the highest quality, with the fundamental aim of arousing thought, discussion and enjoyment.
Independent/University Films 2010-Present
I have amassed a vast amount of film production and writing experience through my university and independent films. I specialise in directing, producing and scriptwriting, having taken on these duties for the majority of these films.
Many of my films have achieved great success, being nominated for and winning multiple awards, including Short Film Sharer’s Featured Winner for Bob (May 2017), Cardiff Mini Film Festival’s One Minute Wonder award for The Prophet (2017) and MedFF’s Best Idea award for The Last Goodbye (2020). See Filmography for full list of awards and nominations.
Film Focus Wales 2017-Present
As a leading member of the Film Focus Wales community filmmaking group, I have been responsible for writing and editing scripts and producing films that follow Film Focus’s criteria, often using my skills and experience to guide and assist less experienced filmmakers.
It’s My Shout 2018
My script That’s What I ‘Eard was selected out of hundreds of submissions to be produced by It’s My Shout and broadcast on the BBC. The process also involved attending script development classes at the BBC and communicating with the director.
My script If You Can’t Laugh… was submitted to the BBC’s InterConnected and reached the last 8%. My pitch for The Witch of Endor Lane was submitted to The Pitch 2020, reached the final 60 and is featured on The Pitch’s website.
- Extensive use of Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
- Extensive use of Canon DSLR and DJI Osmo cameras
- Extensive use of Celtx scriptwriting software
- 2009-2010 Coleg Glan Hafren, Cardiff. A-Level Film Studies – Grade ‘A’
- 2010-2013 University of Glamorgan. Film & Video Degree – Grade ‘First Class’
- 2013-2014 University of South Wales. Scriptwriting MA – Grade ‘Merit’
Filmography [Selected Credits – Writer/Director of All – Unless Otherwise Stated] – Viewable on My Website [That’s What I ‘Eard is Viewable Upon Request]
- Bamboo House (1 x Nominated, 1 x Official Selection)
- Bob (1 x Award Winner, 5 x Official Selection)
- Goldfish (2 x Finalist, 3 x Nominated, 5 x Official Selection)
- The Housemate from Hell (No Submissions)
- How Not To Be Single – Episode Two: Party (Directed by James Musgrove)
- The Last Goodbye (Directed by Nat Pearse) (1 x Award Winner, 1 x Finalist)
- The Prophet (1 x Award Winner, 1 x Finalist, 3 x Official Selection)
- Tell Me About It, Sam (1 x Nominated, 2 x Official Selection)
- That’s What I ‘Eard (Directed by Michael Gilhooly)
- Total Investigation Television (1 x Nominated, 1 x Official Selection)
- The Veil (Directed by Nat Pearse)
Unproduced Scripts [Selected Credits] – Available Upon Request
- The Trip (Short Film)
- The Witch of Endor Lane (Short Film)
- Odd Hobbies – Episode One – Bird Watching and Golf (30 min TV Episode)