Mob: Available Upon Request Email: email@example.com
A highly driven and productive writer and filmmaker. Quick-thinking, perceptive and creative when it comes to both problem-solving and generating new ideas. Has the ability to propel any project forward and is strongly determined to create inspiring, original work of the highest quality, with the fundamental aim of arousing thought, discussion and enjoyment.
Independent/University Films 2010-Present
I have amassed a vast amount of film production and writing experience through my university and independent films. I specialise in directing, producing and scriptwriting, having taken on these duties for the majority of these films.
Many of my films have achieved great success, being nominated for and winning multiple awards, including Short Film Sharer’s Featured Winner for Bob (May 2017), Cardiff Mini Film Festival’s One Minute Wonder award for The Prophet (2017) and MedFF’s Best Idea award for The Last Goodbye (2020). See Filmography for full list of awards and nominations.
Film Focus Wales 2017-Present
As a leading member of the Film Focus Wales community filmmaking group, I have been responsible for writing and editing scripts and producing films that follow Film Focus’s criteria, often using my skills and experience to guide and assist less experienced filmmakers.
It’s My Shout 2018
My script That’s What I ‘Eard was selected out of hundreds of submissions to be produced by It’s My Shout and broadcast on the BBC. The process also involved attending script development classes at the BBC and communicating with the director.
My script If You Can’t Laugh… was submitted to the BBC’s InterConnected and reached the last 8%. My pitch for The Witch of Endor Lane was submitted to The Pitch 2020, reached the final 60 and is featured on The Pitch’s website.
- Extensive use of Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
- Extensive use of Canon DSLR and DJI Osmo cameras
- Extensive use of Celtx scriptwriting software
- 2009-2010 Coleg Glan Hafren, Cardiff. A-Level Film Studies – Grade ‘A’
- 2010-2013 University of Glamorgan. Film & Video Degree – Grade ‘First Class’
- 2013-2014 University of South Wales. Scriptwriting MA – Grade ‘Merit’
Filmography [Selected Credits – Writer/Director of All – Unless Otherwise Stated] – Viewable on My Website [That’s What I ‘Eard is Viewable Upon Request]
- Bamboo House (1 x Nominated, 1 x Official Selection)
- Bob (1 x Award Winner, 5 x Official Selection)
- Goldfish (2 x Finalist, 3 x Nominated, 5 x Official Selection)
- The Housemate from Hell (No Submissions)
- How Not To Be Single – Episode Two: Party (Directed by James Musgrove)
- The Last Goodbye (Directed by Nat Pearse) (1 x Award Winner, 1 x Finalist)
- The Prophet (1 x Award Winner, 1 x Finalist, 3 x Official Selection)
- Tell Me About It, Sam (1 x Nominated, 2 x Official Selection)
- That’s What I ‘Eard (Directed by Michael Gilhooly)
- Total Investigation Television (1 x Nominated, 1 x Official Selection)
- The Veil (Directed by Nat Pearse)
Unproduced Scripts [Selected Credits] – Available Upon Request
- The Trip (Short Film)
- The Witch of Endor Lane (Short Film)
- Odd Hobbies – Episode One – Bird Watching and Golf (30 min TV Episode)