Mob: Available Upon Request Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A highly driven writer and filmmaker with an insatiable desire for work and creativity that has produced a wealth of essays, films, scripts and other creative projects. Takes constant inspiration from life and possesses a strong determination to create inspiring, original work of the highest quality, with the fundamental aim of arousing thought, discussion and enjoyment.
Independent/University Films 2010 – Present
I have amassed a vast amount of film production and writing experience through my university and independent films. I specialise in directing, producing and scriptwriting, having taken on these duties for the majority of these films. Many of my films have achieved great success, being nominated for and winning multiple awards (see Filmography).
Long Shots 2017 – Present
I’m the script editor for the comedy series Long Shots, which involves working closely with the head writer and editing scripts to a high standard we’re both satisfied with.
It’s My Shout 2018
My script That’s What I ‘Eard was selected out of hundreds of submissions to be produced by It’s My Shout and broadcast on the BBC. The process also involved attending script development classes at the BBC and communicating with the director.
Private Tutor 2016 – 2017
I taught English Language and Literature, Film Studies and Scriptwriting at the GCSE level and helped initially struggling and despondent students achieve high passing grades.
Avant Cymru 2016
I filmed and edited a half-hour documentary for Avant Cymru, titled Lands of Our Fathers, and a performance of their stage play Killer Cells, as well as trailers for the production. I was in charge of all practical aspects of filming, including cinematography, editing, sound, managing crew members and communicating with them and the producer.
- Extensive use of Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
- Extensive use of Canon DSLR and DJI Osmo cameras
- Extensive use of Celtx scriptwriting software
- 2009-2010 Coleg Glan Hafren, Cardiff. A-Level Film Studies – Grade ‘A’
- 2010-2013 University of Glamorgan. Film & Video Degree – Grade ‘First Class’
- 2013-2014 University of South Wales. Scriptwriting MA – Grade ‘Merit’
Filmography [Selected Credits – Writer/Director of All – Unless Otherwise Stated] – Viewable on My Website [That’s What I ‘Eard is Viewable Upon Request]
- Bamboo House (1 x Nominated, 1 x Official Selection)
- Bob (1 x Award Winner, 5 x Official Selection)
- Goldfish (2 x Finalist, 3 x Nominated, 5 x Official Selection)
- The Housemate from Hell (Student Film – No Festival Submissions)
- How Not To Be Single – Episode Two: Party (Directed by James Musgrove)
- The Prophet (1 x Award Winner, 1 x Finalist, 3 x Official Selection)
- Tell Me About It, Sam (1 x Nominated, 2 x Official Selection)
- That’s What I ‘Eard (Directed by Michael Gilhooly)
- Total Investigation Television (1 x Nominated, 1 x Official Selection)
Unproduced Scripts [Selected Credits] – Available Upon Request
- Betrayal (Short Film)
- Toast (Short Film)
- Odd Hobbies – Episode One – Bird Watching and Golf (30 min TV Episode)